Java Backend Expert (Competitive Salary)
Would you like to design and build products in one of Denmark’s most promising tech startups for the international hospitality industry? Then come join our team for an exciting position!
After a successful introduction of PERE.COM to the first markets in Europe we want to expand to more markets, hence more software experts are needed in our tech team.
Together with an experienced, highly professional and well funded team you will be a part of our development team defining, building, and maintaining our portfolio of products. Remote position is preferred – direct only, no outsourcing.
Role & Accountabilities
- Help define, estimate and develop new product features.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Participate in our agile development processes each day + priority meetings twice a week
- 5-10 years professional experience with Java (or other JVM languages)
- Good and deep knowledge of the Java ecosystem (classloading, metrics, maven build etc)
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- 3 or more years of expertise in hands-on Spring Boot (1 and 2)
- 3 or more years of expertise in Spring framework
- Good in writing clean, readable Java code including tests
- Expert Experience with SQL (PostGreSQL), relational database modeling and schema migration strategies.
- Hands-on experience deploying services on a major cloud provider – Amazon Web Services preferred
- Awareness of web application security concepts and preventative strategies.
- Understanding of API design principles and patterns such as REST, reactive programming such as Webflux or similar.
- Have experience with hands on handling of complexity and concurrency – threading or even-loops (e.g. webflux or others).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery
Skills in Summary
- Java 8-11
- Spring boot (2 preferred)
- Spring Framework like spring data / JPA, security etc
- PostGreSQL 9.x and up
- Experience in time-series databases like prometheus
- Caching technologies like EH cache, Redis etc
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, SQS, SES etc)
- Docker knowledge
- Very good in communication (some of the team is remote)
- Passionate about programming and products
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Eager to learn
- Used to work in an Agile environment
PERE is helping hotels and concierges worldwide, monetise on their personal recommendations.
Through the PERE.com platform we will grant the concierges access to online real time booking of restaurants, transportation and attractions. Furthermore we will ensure that they get a not only fair, but both a transparent and legal commission for all the revenue they direct to local suppliers.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Be part of an agile, fun, young(ish), and ambitious team.
- An open culture where you can see your ideas put into action right away.
- Join an awesome group of people who care about creating a fun and healthy work culture
- Be part of a top-notch startup culture that thrives on learning and having fun
- You will become a 100% member of our team – and given the necessary respect and support needed
Employee Benefits includes
Competitive Salary Package, Remote working, Dynamic working hours, team events and outings, fitness and gym benefits.
If you feel that you could be the right candidate, please send your application through to our CTO: Steffen Larsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a (very) short cover letter. Please also link to your Linkedin profile and other references.